TO, TO & TOO & TOO
Let’s again turn towards the words having same spelling and / or pronouncement, but having different meaning. The given pair of words viz; to & too can be used in multiple way so as to have different meaning.
Word “TO” can be used in various ways as;
- In the direction of : Yesterday, while I was on the way TO Railway Station, suddenly I fell down.
- As far as : TO the very end, fight TO the last drop of blood etc.
- In comparison with : true TO life, true TO nature etc.
- For showing indirect object : go and show this proof TO your lawyer.
- Indicating towards : his such act amounts TO indiscipline.
- Indicating infinitive mood : I want him TO stay on.
- Indicating desire : he came TO see me.
- When infinitive is used as noun : TO err is human, TO forgive divine.
On the other hand, the word “TOO” is to be used as ;
- For - also and as well as : Rajesh is rich and kind TOO.
- For – moreover : It was raining heavily lately, and in early May TOO!
- Overmuch, more than desired : rock climbing is TOO difficult for me.
- so .. as not .. : its TOO heavy to lift at second floor.
- quickly, sooner : last vacation ended TOO soon.